Saturday, December 2, 2006

A Diva's Pity Party

Well first of all my weight was 114 this morning. And I probably deserve it! I was a little careless a couple of days ago.

The funny part is that until last summer, I kept my weight in the 115-117 range. If I got above 117 I would kick up my efforts, though it didn't happen often! But for the past few months it's been staying around 112-113, and I like it there. So I think kicking up my effort would be a good thing. Make 115 the new panic button maybe!

Great workout today -- 75 minutes. I did 30 minutes of Turbo Jam Fat Blaster, which is an aerobic/anaerobic interval kickbox workout. My heartrate really got up there! And then I did one of the older Firms -- Maximum Body Sculpting, I think it's called. Everything felt great.

My knees are a little tight today. What a pain!!

Usually on the LAWLS site I start a new Exercise thread the first of each month. I have decided not to do that anymore. I had hoped to inspire others who maybe have a tough time motivating themselves to exercise, but I think the ones who need the motivation probably don't even read the post! I can't blame them -- I probably wouldn't either. There are a few people who read and respond, but they are the ones who work out regularly anyway, so they don't need my 2 cents!

Besides, I'm older than most, so I don't think that many people are interested in what I have to say. Although, certainly a few are! I have been successful at keeping my weight off, so I think I get points for that, but otherwise I'm pretty boring I guess! Ah, well, nothing like a little pity party. Best to do it here and get it out of my system!

Well, okay! I did start off with a good workout. And I get to get my hair cut a little later on, so I won't look so much like a shaggy puppydog! So I think the best thing for me to do now is to end the party, put a smile on my face and go forth! There is lots of important stuff to deal with, too much fun still to be had (even with tight knees) and life is way to short and precious to spend much of it wallowing around in self-pity.

Pity party over! Watch out, world. :-)

1 comment:

Marla said...

You inspire more people then you think you do. I know people read those threads... but not everone posts on the LAWLS site. I don't believe in giving up. If you want to do it, I saw do it. Preach to the few of us who follow what you say... hello mom over here!!! You have a few disciples and we love you and appreciate all you have to say and offer... regardless of the age difference.

Just know I love & appreciate you and everything I have learned from you.

~ Little One