Monday, December 4, 2006

Blessed art me

Another Monday! But, in spite of being very tired, it was a successful weekend. I really was dreading all my "obligations" when I really wanted to get some rest. But you know, I was blessed by being around some special and caring people, and that restores the spirit more than lying around the house does! I'm so lucky to have so many people who care about me and our family.

Things are going well with the mother-in-law move, falling into place pretty well. It appears that she can get a guest room at the facility if her apartment isn't ready when she arrives. This is a great blessing, because we don't have the room to put her up here, and things are kind of volatile with my daughter anyway. We had thought she might need to stay at a hotel, but this will work out a lot better!

My weight this morning was 112 and I did 54 minutes of step aerobics.

Yes, there is the black cloud of my daughter's bulimia and the related behaviors. It hangs over me and pulls me down constantly. But again, there are people who care! There are circumstances that work themselves out! There are great workouts, and my 57 year old body is still fit. I have so much to be thankful for! The psalmist said "Why are you downcast, oh my soul?" I have to ask myself the same question. There are storm clouds, but there are also blessings.

I can smile and keep going!

No comments: